Web contents challenger Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Question Spotlight with AK Steele author of Stacey

Go down

5 Question Spotlight with AK Steele author of Stacey Empty 5 Question Spotlight with AK Steele author of Stacey

Post by Admin Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:36 am

2013 2013 2013 <div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on">Today we will be doing a <a href="http://tslrf.blogspot.com/search/label/5%20Question%20Spotlight">5 question spotlight </a>with AK Steele the author of <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Staceys-Quest-AK-Steele/dp/1453865209/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1335800449&amp;sr=8-1">Stacey's Quest</a>.<br /><br />1. A knife is the tool of choice.&nbsp;It will never run out of ammunition or fail unless you abuse it, and a good one will take lots of harsh abuse and not fail. It can be used to start fires, create other weapons, clothing or tools, for medical treatments&nbsp;and a myriad of other things. Without a good knife, chances of survival are slim no matter what&nbsp;else you have. <br /><br />2. Boredom and imagination got me&nbsp;started writing. I often wonder how things might be, or how they should be, and try to share&nbsp;my thoughts&nbsp;through&nbsp;stories.&nbsp;My hope is also that I can spark new ideas and creativity in others to respond to challenging situations in their own lives, perhaps even providing some&nbsp;knowledge&nbsp;in the process.<br /><br />3. My latest is&nbsp;the story,&nbsp;"Well Armed Militia", tells&nbsp;of a&nbsp;farm girl&nbsp;living in a society where government and business become one, squeezing out the individual for the needs of the collective, where&nbsp;lives are regulated from the time of leaving work until the time of return, so that existence is only to serve the corporate master.&nbsp;Julie is a free spirit desiring liberty,&nbsp;wondering why the constitution doesn't allow&nbsp;the right just to be left alone. Her family makes the ultimate sacrifice for their collective stance, and even as she enters adulthood, she faces challenges&nbsp;that&nbsp;will impact far beyond herself.<br /><br />4. I worry about all scenarios, a person must. This summer&nbsp;our community&nbsp;faced a&nbsp;massive fire&nbsp;followed by&nbsp;minor floods&nbsp;and took it in stride because&nbsp;we are prepared.&nbsp;People need to consider and prepare for everything&nbsp;unexpected by their state of mind, not just physical things.&nbsp;What do we need to survive? Sustenance? Shelter? Protection? Companionship? There&nbsp;is little&nbsp;difference&nbsp;between any&nbsp;situation, civil or other, in the level of preparation to maintain all of these. <br /><br />5.&nbsp;The biggest fallacy of the survival movement is arrogance. Any fixed fortress will fall;&nbsp;a person&nbsp;who thinks that they will survive on their own will eventually fail. In the book&nbsp;"The Postman", it shows clearly that&nbsp;tyranny will&nbsp;quickly raise its head to rally the downtrodden, the weak, the unprepared, to give up&nbsp;their liberty and rights for a mouthful of food, and once sacrificed, liberty is rarely regained. "Harvest of Sorrow" is an excellent, factual&nbsp;read about the plight of the Kulaks of Russia and the Ukraine during the great famine&nbsp;and how the general populace actively participated in their persecution and eradication. More recently, "When Broken Glass Floats" tells first hand of similar tragedy in Cambodia. <br /><br />Only together&nbsp;do we have the&nbsp;tools and skills to survive as a society. One might live for a time on his own, but not a lifetime.&nbsp;Survival is a state of mind, things will help, but educating ourselves, our families and our communities should be our most important goal. I hope to do a little of this with my writing. <br />&nbsp;</div><div class="blogger-post-footer"><script type="text/javascript"><!--<br>google_ad_client = "pub-4867339654300878";<br>/* 728x90, created 8/28/08 */<br>google_ad_slot = "3354001287";<br>google_ad_width = 728;<br>google_ad_height = 90;<br>//--><br></script><br><script type="text/javascript"<br>src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"><br></script></div><br> 2013 2013 2013 <br><div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on">Today we will be doing a <a href="http://tslrf.blogspot.com/search/label/5%20Question%20Spotlight">5 question spotlight </a>with AK Steele the author of <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Staceys-Quest-AK-Steele/dp/1453865209/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1335800449&amp;sr=8-1">Stacey's Quest</a>.<br /><br />1. A knife is the tool of choice.&nbsp;It will never run out of ammunition or fail unless you abuse it, and a good one will take lots of harsh abuse and not fail. It can be used to start fires, create other weapons, clothing or tools, for medical treatments&nbsp;and a myriad of other things. Without a good knife, chances of survival are slim no matter what&nbsp;else you have. <br /><br />2. Boredom and imagination got me&nbsp;started writing. I often wonder how things might be, or how they should be, and try to share&nbsp;my thoughts&nbsp;through&nbsp;stories.&nbsp;My hope is also that I can spark new ideas and creativity in others to respond to challenging situations in their own lives, perhaps even providing some&nbsp;knowledge&nbsp;in the process.<br /><br />3. My latest is&nbsp;the story,&nbsp;"Well Armed Militia", tells&nbsp;of a&nbsp;farm girl&nbsp;living in a society where government and business become one, squeezing out the individual for the needs of the collective, where&nbsp;lives are regulated from the time of leaving work until the time of return, so that existence is only to serve the corporate master.&nbsp;Julie is a free spirit desiring liberty,&nbsp;wondering why the constitution doesn't allow&nbsp;the right just to be left alone. Her family makes the ultimate sacrifice for their collective stance, and even as she enters adulthood, she faces challenges&nbsp;that&nbsp;will impact far beyond herself.<br /><br />4. I worry about all scenarios, a person must. This summer&nbsp;our community&nbsp;faced a&nbsp;massive fire&nbsp;followed by&nbsp;minor floods&nbsp;and took it in stride because&nbsp;we are prepared.&nbsp;People need to consider and prepare for everything&nbsp;unexpected by their state of mind, not just physical things.&nbsp;What do we need to survive? Sustenance? Shelter? Protection? Companionship? There&nbsp;is little&nbsp;difference&nbsp;between any&nbsp;situation, civil or other, in the level of preparation to maintain all of these. <br /><br />5.&nbsp;The biggest fallacy of the survival movement is arrogance. Any fixed fortress will fall;&nbsp;a person&nbsp;who thinks that they will survive on their own will eventually fail. In the book&nbsp;"The Postman", it shows clearly that&nbsp;tyranny will&nbsp;quickly raise its head to rally the downtrodden, the weak, the unprepared, to give up&nbsp;their liberty and rights for a mouthful of food, and once sacrificed, liberty is rarely regained. "Harvest of Sorrow" is an excellent, factual&nbsp;read about the plight of the Kulaks of Russia and the Ukraine during the great famine&nbsp;and how the general populace actively participated in their persecution and eradication. More recently, "When Broken Glass Floats" tells first hand of similar tragedy in Cambodia. <br /><br />Only together&nbsp;do we have the&nbsp;tools and skills to survive as a society. One might live for a time on his own, but not a lifetime.&nbsp;Survival is a state of mind, things will help, but educating ourselves, our families and our communities should be our most important goal. I hope to do a little of this with my writing. <br />&nbsp;</div><div class="blogger-post-footer"><script type="text/javascript"><!--<br>google_ad_client = "pub-4867339654300878";<br>/* 728x90, created 8/28/08 */<br>google_ad_slot = "3354001287";<br>google_ad_width = 728;<br>google_ad_height = 90;<br>//--><br></script><br><script type="text/javascript"<br>src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"><br></script></div><br>2013 2013 2013 <br> <a href="http://www.matrixar.com/" title="Matrix ">المصفوفة : أجمل الخلفيات والصور</a>

Admin
Admin

https://prowebsites1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down